Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lysander to Templar Marshal Conversion

So I got a little work done on Sunday for my Lysander to Templar Termie Marshal conversion.

The upside was that I already knew I had bits I could use for his arms.  I had picked up some extra TH/SS bits and had the sergeant bits left over.  I also had leftover Templar Terminator Shoulder pads.

Here's a pic of the all the bits.

You can see here my basic game plan.  His Thunderhammer is a great arm, but the hammer is a giant fist which I don't want to use.  Same goes for the great looking shield... big fist has to go.  Rather than doing a lot of chop shop there I'm just going swap for the plastic arms.
The next task is the Imperial Fist icons on his knee and Heraldry pad.  For this I took out my knife as well as my Dremell and went to town.

I'm not how smooth the knee is at this point, it's a little hard to tell as any flat bit pics up the light so well.  If when the model is done I find it looks not to my liking I can easily drop a few more crusader seals there to hide anything I'd like.  The Heraldry is perfect, and I know I'll be able to do some BT iconography there now which is nice.

I used just a dab of green stuff to hold the arms in place to make sure I was happy with the model.

Satisfied with that I dropped a little bit of tape on to each arm/torso area where I'll apply glue and primered the model.  The tape will make sure there is actual metal to be gluing together.

So that's where I am right now.  I'm wondering if I should have tried to make a BT cross out of Greenstuff for his Heraldry Pad.  I guess its not too late to do, I'd just have to hit one more quick primer layer over it.  I was originally thinking I'd just paint it but, meh, my ability to draw that damn cross has been pretty fail.  I'm not sure how much better the greenstuff would work.

That's it for now.  I'm going to leave the arms off for most of the painting so I can get around ok.  Then I'll glue him together and do the last few steps to make sure it all looks good.  Hopefully he'll be ready to kick ass at the next tournament in early Feb.
Update:  Last night worked with the Green Stuff a bit.  My first real attempt to make something, normally I only use GS to fill holes.  It's not perfect but hopefully painted it will look nice.  Sorry for the crap pic.


1 comment:

  1. If you want I have a ton of old Fantasy Knights that might work for a head piece. That way it could look a little different and have a nice Medieval look to it.