Monday, September 6, 2010

More work, some better pics

I had a good clip of Monday (yay for Labor Day Holiday off work) for hobby stuff as the wife and child ran out to the ranch to hang out with the inlaws.

So I went out to the garage, hooked up the airbrush, and went to town on the Pink Horrors.

While I was out there I also hit that second squad of 1ksons down with clear coat.  This is the first time I've used a gloss coat first (which I beleive will give better protection that the dullcoate) befoe hitting them again with the dullcoate.

Since I was out in the garage I was able to clear a space for my 'light box' area I have makeshifted together.  Amazingly the pictures look much better than usual!

I couldn't decide what picture was better so, hey, there's two.

So I'm happy with it all.  The gloss coat doesn't seem to make it much different once the dullcoate is applied over it.  Here's a guy from the first squad next to one of the gloss/dullcoated guys.

In addition I sat down and painted the three magnetized books that I'm using as Icons for theses guys.  They are horribly small and I had more trouble than I thought with some of the details.

I'm not totally thrilled with the pages, particularly the right page.  I decided on black for the corner bits, but I'm wondering if I should have just layered on some other ink to bring out those details.  I might go back over those later, but for now  it'll do.
Now I'll keep plugging away on the horrors.  I think I'll start with just 5 of them to see if I can get a methodology of how I want to do them.  I'll probably just try to follow similar steps to how GW lays it out on their website.  So far I've just got the 5 with the first wash of Baal Red.  We'll see how it goes this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment