Thursday, December 2, 2010

More Work on BA

So I've spent more time this week and last trying to get the BAs ready for some serious painting.  The big challenge is across all the bodies they are all in different shape.

First of all there are 5 guys from my brother in law that are in a 'near done' shape.

Since taking this picture I've basically cleaned them up and overpainted them to fit in with the style I will be using for the rest of these guys.

Then most of the rest of the guys required soaking and scrubbing.  So I first went to my stand by of Simple Green.

Simple Green did great on the metal Death Company.

However it didn't do as great on most of the plastic guys.

My own jump pack guys turned out to be all kinds of different.  The 4 black ones are over green, there were 3 white primered guys, and there was a blue guy in there also.

Some of his Red guys did not get much paint off of them.

And then there turned out to be two guys I had that had a deep red.  These guys must of had some protective coat on them because that red would just not come off of them.

Eventually after looking around online I found another suggestion.

So I grabbed some of this and soaked the guys more.  It is far more icky that simple green so gloves are required, but it did get a good deal of paint off the guys.  The black/green guys got down to just a little bit of black primer, the white guys cleaned up a bit, the blue guy went down the the grey plastic easy.  The red guys became easier to clean up but I still took a tool to clean them afterward. 

The deep red guys were the only ones that I just could not strip down.  Oh well, over paint it is!

Then it was off to get the base primer.  I took all the magnetized bits and set them up with some paperclips to try to keep them from flying everywhere.

Then I hit them with paint.

I also busted out my Crystal Blue primer that I plan on using for Lizardmen to hit the Librarian.
Beyond that I got my Dante and Sanguinary Gaurd and got those put together.  I've used magnets on the SG so I can change out a few arms and the heads as well (since I am not sure the death masks are worth it even thought I think they look great compared to the bare heads). 

So there we go with 50 marines.  I don't have the jump packs attached because painting the heads will be much easier without them.  I'd really like to try to get the heads painted and the packs attached before my trip but I'll only have a few hours on Friday night before heading out to the airport so we'll see.  But the army is well underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment